Author: Cheri Paris Edwards
•7:54 PM
dreamin’s out of season

I want to sing love songs again,
In blue light, we danced the popcorn.
Poured into basement squares love called.
Slow dancing, boy holding girl, pulled close.
‘La-la means I love you,’ hummed sweet in my ear.
I remember the afro-ed doo-wop group
from East St. Louis spin-dancing
in slick blue getups straight out of
of Eleganza Magazine--
singing in soaring falsetto,
dreamin’s out of season…

what do they know?
|
This entry was posted on 7:54 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On 2:39 PM , John Guzlowski said...

Thanks for the poem, Cheri. I enjoyed it--it brought back a lot of old times.

 
On 5:27 PM , Cheri Paris Edwards said...

Thank you John. I was taking a "procrastination" break from a project and found the You Tube of the song. Forgot it was by a group called the Montclairs with Phil Perry. Anyway, it inspired me to rework this poem. Combined two from class. Captures a feeling for me, too...

 
On 2:43 AM , laixinjie said...

custom mugs
custom coffee mugs
custom travel mugs
Custom Beer Mugs